Saturday, April 6, 2013

Review: Maybelline Clean Express! Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover

Hey guys!

Today, I have a review for one of the products in the new Maybelline Clean Express makeup remover line. This line launched this past January 2013 and I bought mine at Walmart for $4.97. I ran out of my usual remover (Neutrogena Oil-Free Makeup Remover) and decided to try something new. Since this is only the second type of makeup remover I have tried, this review will focus on a comparison between the Maybelline Clean Express and the Neutrogena remover.

I bought the waterproof dual-phase remover in the line, because I always wear waterproof mascara. Anyone who wears waterproof mascara knows that it can be a huge pain to remove. 




Maybelline claims:

  • Dual-phase formula breaks up even longwear and waterproof makeup, and removes instantly
  • Oil-free
  • Ophthalmologist tested, allergy tested
  • Safe for contact lens wearers and sensitive eyes
After using this product for the past two week, I am pretty impressed. To use, I put some on a cotton ball, hold it on my eye for 15-20 seconds, and then shimmy the cotton ball around to remove my eye makeup. I repeat this usually about 2-3 times. One eye usually takes about one cotton ball, depending on how much makeup I'm wearing that day. The opening is smaller than the Neutrogena remover and this makes it easier to dispense it on a cotton ball.


I do have to say that I do have some fogginess in my eyes after I use this remover, because I am a contact lens wearer. It's nothing unbearable and it usually goes away quickly, but it's something to keep in mind. 

Bottom line: I think that this remover works better than the Neutrogena, but it's still not a miracle remover. It still takes multiple wettings of the cotton ball to get all the waterproof mascara off, but much less than the Neutrogena did. It's a good remover and I would consider repurchasing it. However, I am looking to experiment with different removers, so it may be a while until I actually do repurchase.

Happy removing!

Katie


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

© Iridium 77, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena