Monday, June 3, 2013

Revlon Colorstay "Sorbet"

Hey guys!

Here's a quick mani for you guys! Sorry ahead of time for the state of my cuticles. The Accutane is drying out all my skin and I can't seem to get my cuticles to be moisturized no matter what I put on them.



Retails for $8.29 at CVS (but I got it on sale for 75% off!)

It's bright pastel orange creme. I usually adore Revlon Colorstay's formula, but this one ran more sheer than usual. As you can see in the picture below, even with 3 coats, you can see my nails underneath. I had some leveling issues, but none that my usual Seche Vite top coat didn't take care of. You also have to make sure that you let each coat dry before you put on the next one or the polish will get patchy. I had this issue as well because I did this mani very quickly before a meeting.

Shown with 3 coats.


Formula issues aside, I love this color! It's the perfect sunny orange for summer and it definitely brightens my day when I look at my nails. I have a lot of oranges in my collection, but this one is unique. It's much lighter and brighter than the oranges I have. 

Bottom line: I think the color is beautiful enough to justify working through some formula issues, but if you already have similar colors, I would skip this one. 

Love,

Katie

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

© Iridium 77, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena